Thanks to everyone who supports Truth Unites and who has been praying for my ministry over the fall and winter. It’s been a busy stretch, and I truly appreciate your prayers. I have felt sustained by the Lord each step along the way.
In August and September I refrained from travel as we welcomed little Abigail into the world. In October and early November I had a busy season of travel and ministry (which I shared about in my last post). Then over the holidays I was able to get a bit more done of my book, Why Protestantism Makes Sense: The Case for an Always Reforming Church (Zondervan Reflective, 2024). In January I released a video on icon veneration that has generated lots of response videos, which I have been trying to engage as I have time. This month (February) I spoke at Grace Baptist Church’s Men’s Conference on cultural apologetics, and then at the Evangelical Free Church Theology Conference on how the doctrine of God helps us in evangelism and apologetics.
In two weeks I have my debate with Trent Horn in Ohio, which I am very much looking forward to. In late April I travel to New York City for the first gathering of the fellows of the Keller Center for Cultural Apologetics, which I am honored to be a part of. Other than that, I have decided to decline all travel for the spring and summer. It’s just been too busy, and with five kids at home I need to mindful that my family needs me. My basic plan is simply to serve my church and finish my book by the end of May, and then I am going to take some time off from social media over the summer (I will share more about that later in the spring).
Here are the videos you can expect in the future:
- Interview with Chris Watkin on his book Biblical Critical Theory
- Interview with Parker Settecase on the simulation hypothesis
- Law and Grace in Les Mis
- Theological Interpretation of Scripture: An Assessment
- How Not to Help a Sufferer (What Not to Say)
- Complementarianism and Egalitarianism in Theological Triage
- Five Ways Beauty Points to God
- The Pastoral Wisdom of Gregory the Great
- Response to Alex O’Connor on Divine Hiddenness
- Response to Stephen Woodford Response: “Defending Every Argument For God in 15 Minutes”
If you’d like to become a patron, you can do so here. I do patron only updates + patron only zooms now and again (next one is Feb 25), so it’s a great way to stay in touch and get to know each other and be a part of the ministry.
Thank you all again for your support!